"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Monday, September 24, 2012

Motivational Monday - 17 Years Ago

Today is a happy day for me - for two reasons...
One ... It's my 17th wedding anniversary, and we both still do...want to be together 'til death do us part.
 Two ... I weigh the same as I did on my wedding day and fit back in my wedding dress.  :)  

The first year I was married I gained 30 pounds and for all but one year I stayed very overweight.  My husband never loved me any different, I gave birth to healthy twins and a healthy baby almost three years later and I've been blessed beyond measure with friends and happy times; but I never got control of my eating or was active.  

If you've followed my blog for any length of time you know that has changed.  And now, eleven years since the last time I was this size I know there is hope that I'll never be very overweight again.  

And that makes for one happy married lady!
By the way, my girls knew I was going to do this post (Twin B had to do photography..) and as we were getting busy this weekend I said, "I don't know if I'll have time to get my dress out. I'll just do it next year."  

Well, Twin A replied, "No.  You need to do it this year, Mom, because next year you'll be much smaller and it will be too big!" 

Awww....such faith they have in their mom.  Love those girls!! 

Motivation?? Yes!! Both the faith of my kids in my abilities and knowing that if I was finally able to get back into this dress after thinking I'd always be the "fat mom", then anything is possible.  :) 

9 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!

    I think you look thinner today than you did 17 years ago - I see lots more collarbone today than in your wedding picture.

    (Your husband looks like such a young kid in your wedding pic!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary - and you look gawgeous in that gown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! And you look just as beautiful as you did 17 years ago :)
    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is amazing motivation Leah, I do not know any other woman that can proclaim that after 17 years and three children they can still fit into their wedding dress!
    You look so beautiful by the way!
    Congratulations on your 17 years of marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! Puffed sleeves....our wedding gowns date us, no? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for compliments...to be fair Inwasnt a thin bride. However, I never thought ai'm fit it again, so it is exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Beautiful Leah ! You just get prettier and prettier as the years fly by!

    Congrats to hubby for making such a good choice!

    love, MOMa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You look great Leah! Your hard work is inspiring in many areas!

    ReplyDelete