"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Friday, September 28, 2012

Weigh-In ... Reprimanded

Today's Weight:  169.0
Loss/Gain:  +2.0 lbs.

Note:  I only put off posting because I've been extremely busy today and then my computer was acting up.  Of course, I probably would've fit in if it would've been better news...*sheepish grin*..but I really have been going, going all day long today.

Now...on to the regular post.

Argh.

Remember how you felt when you got reprimanded for doing something you knew better than to do in the first place?

Better yet, did you ever get a B or C on a test you didn't really study for until the very last minute..the night before; and then knew the reprimand you were going to get at home for not preparing was well-deserved...even if you didn't want to hear it?

The latter situation is exactly what I thought of when I stepped on the scale today.

"You can't eat non-weight loss portions and exercise only two days and then get upset when the scale goes up."

I know.

I know exactly why the scale is up, and I am already back on track to fixing it.  However, having a great eating day the day before weigh-in isn't going to change a week's worth of non-weight loss eating.

So...

It is what it is.  This week has been very busy and very out-of-the-normal for me, but really my food choices have been my own and I know better.

Dang.

Good news.  I'm back on track.  Learning to make better choices no matter who is eating "on vacation" around me (that happened this week and I just let myself get sucked in..).

In fact, I had a good 4 mile run this morning and was reminded once more that it's never too late to start a new beginning.

Have a good weekend!

1 comment: