"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Monday, September 10, 2012

Motivational Monday - Nice Weather

I'll be honest with you folks, I'm still working towards getting the "want to" to finish losing weight.  So, I enjoy posting things on Monday that motivate me, hoping it will all pile up into enough motivation to get me moving down the scale consistently.

For today...good weather is a great motivation to exercise, and for me that means to run!

I was planning a long run today and was thrilled when I saw it was only 60 degrees when I took the kids to school.  By the time I headed out it had warmed up a little, but just a little.  After my legs woke up (another story for another time) I really began to enjoy my run.  It was lovely and I made good time.  


Oh, and one more thing that was motivating about this run and the good weather....there was a slight wind.  Wind used to scare me when I would run in Oklahoma.  It slowed me down so much, and when I was barely running a 12:00 minute mile pace I felt like a turtle trying to slog it's way through mud.  It was so vexing.  In fact, I always preferred running on a treadmill versus outside because of the wind.

Now as I felt the wind coming at me I thought, "oh, good... cool air and resistance!  This will help make me stronger." and I tried to keep my pace steady.  *chuckle* 

Yes, it's motivating to know that there are things that used to scare me, but no longer do.  Glory! 

Okay, well I really do need to go now.  I need to get showered and get on with some errands and daily to-do's that fill up my stay-at-home mom's day.  

Have a good one!

1 comment:

  1. Haha - I hate exercising in the wind, especially biking! I get whiny :D Good for you embracing that!

    ReplyDelete