"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Thursday, February 14, 2013

{MY} Healthy Heart Weekend

(Even though I forgot to post about it to encourage anyone to join me) I signed up for Lori's annual Healthy Heart Weekend challenge a few weeks back.  The goal is simply to get moving during the weekend of love.  :) 

I signed up to run 4 miles.  In the past I've signed up for a 5K (3.1 mi.), so I thought I'd up it this year. 

Well, I decided to get it done today to celebrate Valentine's Day and ended up running 5.0 miles!!! 

I'm just a tad tickled about it.  

It was my tempo run workout, so the middle mile was a speedy pace, and the rest was warm-up/cool-down paces.  However, I think I had a hard time slowing up in the other 4 miles, so I still ended up with a great average pace.  


Anyway, I hope you all have a wonderful Valentine's Day and may you find some activity to do this weekend that will help your heart be stronger for many more Valentines to come.  


Note:  As I'm posting this I realized the challenge is for Fri-Sat-Sun...so I'm early.  I thought it started today...oops.  :P

No comments:

Post a Comment