"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Friday, February 1, 2013

Weigh-In ... Kickstart Results

Today's Weight:  164.5
Loss/Gain:  - 4.0 lbs

Our six days of the 7-Day Kickstart Your Metabolism plan paid off (yes, we started Saturday and were happy to add grains back in today..six days was good and it's my official weigh-in day.) 

In fact...for the record...my sister-in-law is down 5 lbs this week too!!  

We're doing the happy dance!

Here's our little review of the week.
  • We agree the food all tasted fine, except plain greek yogurt (BLECH.)  
  • We agree the amount of vegetables helped our bowels move smoothly.  
  • The fatigue that comes with drastically cutting out sugars was difficult.  I knew to expect this, but SIL did not; and she said that was the worst part for her. 
  • We've both noticed belly bloating has gone way down.  
  • I noticed my craving for sweets has been pretty much non existent.  
We agree we would do this again if necessary and it was definitely worth jumpstarting ourselves to get back with healthier eating.  

In fact, last night SIL asked me, "So, can we eat ______ next week?"  

I was like, "Yes...blah. blah." and then I got to thinking.  She's somewhat new to this.  She's eaten healthy before and lost weight, but she's looking to me for some help now. 

Oh my.  

I need to be a good example.  I've been wanting to help get my family back on a healthier track, but now I see that she really wants to keep this up.  A couple of times she has mentioned not wanting to ruin this week's results and wanting to keep going with the good eating -- and I agree.

So, last night I wrote out a menu of options of food for the week ahead and have emailed a copy to her.  I've printed one out to put on my fridge (there was a template on my computer, so this didn't take long at all.) and we are going to stick to this plan.  

I usually always jot down my dinner menu before writing a grocery list, so this was taking it one step further.

I think one of the best things about following the kickstart plan was the menu, but with options.  There was a menu plan for every day, but the book said to go ahead and switch meals as long as you stayed within the same meal of the day (no switching lunch for dinner, etc.).  In following that line of thinking I  have made it so that we can pick from each meal of the day what we feel like eating that day.  

I'm going grocery shopping today, so the foods needed for these meals will be available.

And in case you're interested...here's my menu:


So, there you have it.  The kickstart was worth the week and we're ready to keep going.  Wish me luck and thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo!! You'll be in the 150's before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, I am always so encouraged to read about your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that's awesome! Not sure I could give up sweets for a week.

    ReplyDelete