"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A Sweet Moment

A couple of weeks ago my husband and I were talking and he said something to this effect: 

I feel bad because I haven't been to the gym much in the past month, but I know you've been running and working out....and I get to reap the benefits.  You know I never loved you any different when you were bigger (true!), but now I see how confident you are since you've lost weight and I'm blessed by that. 

Awww...

This is coming from a man who rarely says something he doesn't mean, nor does he compliment every little thing.  So, when he compliments something I know he means it.  

Add to that the fact that I wasn't fishing for a compliment and it meant all the more to me.  

Oh, yes I have no problem throwing out a hook, "Look at what size I bought today!!" or "Do you see my run time??"  It works every time.  :)

However, this evening he made the comment out of the blue and I was so touched.  

He noticed!!  *contented sigh*  Such a sweet moment in my new ending. 

6 comments:

  1. nothing better than a unexpected comment that comes from the heart!
    You look amazing Leah!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Syl!!! So good to hear from you! I miss your blog. Hope you are well. :)

      Delete
    2. thanks Leah! I am back to blogging, there are only a few posts but I am hoping to make it more of a habit.

      Delete
  2. So sweet for him to say! I too love those moments even if they are few and far between.

    ReplyDelete