"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Still Learning and AIM

Let me start by saying I've not been eating or acting like I care about weight loss lately.  Last week it was mainly TOM, but it has dragged on as I've been dealing with a family issue.  No one is dying or in serious health, but still life is happening and I've not stuck to healthier eating along the way.  

I feel the need to share that because in the last couple of days two different people told me how inspired they are by me and I'm like, "Um, thanks!" while inside I know I've not lived an exemplary healthy life this week.  It's brought me to thinking about how I still need work.  I know through this moment in my life I am not going to quit, start eating tons of food, put back on the weight and give up.  

Giving up is not an option.  

I don't ever want to go back to 232 pounds.  Ever.  I don't even want to go back to 180 pounds.  

And I know I won't.  

Life issues are just bumps in the road and I need to work on getting my food and exercise choices to a point where those bumps don't become excuses to overeat and be lazy.  Not that I've been lazy, because it really has been busy around here, but I have used recent circumstances as an excuse to overeat. 

But you know what??  I'm not alone!!! :)

Hooray!!  I'm normal, and human, and I'm a common everyday lady who is figuring this out and fighting just hard enough to keep from going back, and with a hope that I can still reach my goal. 

How do I know this?  

Well, a group of women who having been in weight loss maintenance for a couple of years have gotten together and began a once a month series of posts on their Adventures in Maintenance.  



They will each be posting on the first Monday each month on various topics.  Today I took some time to read their posts and was so encouraged by the things they had to say.  

One of the things that really stands out in my mind about these women is how they are regular everyday ladies like myself.  They know what it is to struggle with overeating and they have each found what works for them to maintain their losses.  They are honest about the ups and downs and.... most importantly...they all understand that it's a daily choice to eat better and move more that works.  

It's so encouraging and this months posts on "What's Different Now?" came at a perfect time in my life.   (I could write more later on what I learned through my reading today.)

If you have a minute you can start by reading Lori's post here.  At the bottom of her post she has links to the other ladies' posts.  

I think everyone can glean something from what these ladies have to say, no matter where you're at in your healthiness journey.  

Enjoy and be encouraged!  I know I am.  :)

5 comments:

  1. I am also following the AIM posts. The more I read other people blog posts, the more I realize that my habits, triumphs and downfalls are shared by others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leah, thanks for the nice comments. We all have enjoyed writing our AIM posts.

    I went through a really stressful time with my family, and it was a very rocky road for a while. But what you said--"Giving up is not an option"--is key to long term success. I was going to include that in my post but I ran out of room :}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for mentioning our AIM series, Leah!

    You are definitely NOT alone in working through all of this. I'm very much looking forward to your insights as we move along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for reading our AIM blog :) Believe me, I understand the feeling you get when someone says you've inspired them when inside you feel like a slacker. It's definitely a humbling and eye-opening experience for me. I'm glad to have discovered your blog, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great post for me to read today! I've had a sore throat and cough the last few days and immediately I'm thinking... Ice cream! Soda! Chocolate pudding! Donuts! Like all bets are off because, poor me, I don't feel well. I stopped myself from asking my husband to stop at the store! Thanks for the helping me see what I was doing!

    ReplyDelete