"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Saturday, May 10, 2014

May Goals: Check-In May 10

Even though I barely announced my goals for May four days ago I thought I'd check in.  It helps me to check in each week.  :) 

  • Track my food at least 5 days a week.  I tracked six days last week.  Woot!  Looking back over the week I was over the "weight loss" calorie goal almost every day, but more days of 25 calls or less than not.  I am working towards a net daily calorie allowance of 1500-1600 calories daily.  So, no worries...I'm not trying to starve at 1200 or anything ridiculous.  
  • Exercise at least 4 days a week.  Running at least 3 days a week, as per my training plan, and then cross training 1-2 days a week.   I ran three days this past week and took my HIIT classes two days.  SCORE!
  • Complete my 10K race on May 17th.  I'm throwing that in as a freebie. I know it will get done. :)  I ran my last long run today of 5 miles and I feel ready.  My daughter is ready too.  Race is one week away!! 
  • Lose 5 pounds.  I hesitated to set a number goal of pounds to lose, but I think I need the motivation to try and get some of this weight off.  My last weigh-in was 171.0.  I have decided against weighing in solely on Fridays to track because it puts me into the "eat less on Thursday, but pig out on the weekend" mode.  So, I weigh myself periodically throughout the week.  Two days I saw the scale say 170.5, so I am on my way to losing those 5 pounds.  
Overall, it has been a pretty successful week here at My New Ending.  My week seemed a little less stressed than many in the previous months.  I think the combination of me being able to get back to regular exercise and my son gaining more and more independence is helping to lessen my stress levels.  

Don't get me wrong, I have two major events this month I'm planning/coordinating and various projects going on, but something is lightening up around here and I'm so grateful.  

Thanks for checking in!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah on having a great week! And good luck on your 10K next week!

    Happy Mother's Day! I know it is going to be a hard day for you, but big internet hugs beforehand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the internet hugs, Jesseybell! I appreciate the rememberance.

      Delete