"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Monday, May 5, 2014

Motivational Monday - Nighttime Run

I had company come in last Thursday evening and my days were jam packed full through Saturday evening.  Knowing I had a 5-mile run on schedule for Saturday, and would be too tired to get up early enough to complete it and be ready to leave at 8:30 am, I had mentioned to my husband that we should go on a "fitness date" to the gym Saturday night.  He agreed.  

As I watched my daughters play in a basketball tournament game at 7:15pm Saturday evening I checked the hours of the gym we use on base and it closes at 5:00pm on Saturdays.  Oops.  

So, I texted him and told him the date was off (we didn't want to take time to drive farther away to the other gym).  He replied with, "I'll run 3 miles with you outside when you get home." 

Um... I was tired.  I'd been on the go since Wednesday night it seemed.  I had made time to get my 3-mile run in on Friday, which made that day jam packed.  

I kind of didn't mind not being able to go run Saturday night.  

Of course I replied with, "Are you sure?"  Secretly hoping his issues with shin splints would deter him.  

It didn't. 

So, when I got home, at about 8:15 pm, he was dressed and ready to run; encouraging me to hurry up because it was getting late.  

I wasn't the most motivated, but I knew I'd feel better if I just did it.  Plus, my husband was already dressed to run.

And run we did.  We took it slow and just enjoyed our run.  It was dark and oh so cool out.  Just lovely for running.  We live in a pretty safe neighborhood, but I still felt better having him with me.  

When we got back I was very pleased he took the time to run with me, even with his foot/leg issues.  I didn't get the five miles in, but I ran.  I ran on an exhausted body and he did it with me.  He was hurting a little when we got home, but he was also glad he got some exercise in.  (don't believe his face...that was the "Smile for Instagram! - Do I have too? " face)  *giggle*

Aww...  :)  Motivated by my husband to get my running done...no matter how late.  

1 comment: