"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Friday, September 26, 2014

Weigh-In ... Not Posting

Today's Weight:  176.0
Loss/Gain:  +2.0

I wasn't going to post my weight today.  Yesterday I had decided I knew the scale was going to be up and why vex my readers by showing the yo-yoing.  But then I thought, "Why not?"  It's where I'm at and it's just a number and not posting it doesn't change the fact that I didn't track my food more than a couple days this week or that I didn't eat like I was trying to lose weight. 

There weren't really any bingeing moments, but definitely not too many moments of eating to just satisfied, or even eating as healthy as I could've. 

The other day I heard a comment on a podcast that really resonated with me.  The man said something to the effect of, "80% of the issue is the food and 20% is the exercise.  The real change comes when we change how we eat, and the exercise just brings nice added benefits of physical change."

I know the whole 80/20 thing and I must admit one of my mindsets that truly never changed was that I can't out exercise overeating.  When I heard that comment mentioning that the exercise just brings the nice benefit of toning, etc, it occurred to me that I didn't lose weight last summer by training for the half marathon.  

I simply toned up (a LOT) and was able to eat a lot more food because of the high calorie burn that many miles brings.  However, I lost the weight before that summer and it was changing how and what I ate that made the biggest difference. 

So, I'm still working on that.  I like to think I can workout tons, burn lots of calories and then eat a lot.  Unfortunately, my schedule doesn't always allow for that.  I have watched my calorie burn and learned over the years I do need to exercise some daily if I want to eat more than fruits and vegetables.  I do have a slower than some metabolism.  

But for now I need to wrap my head around eating a tad less to lose this weight I've put on.  I know I can do it, just gotta get it done.  

No comments:

Post a Comment