"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Friday, November 21, 2014

Home Sweet Gym

I've now gone back to the gym 2 days a week for two weeks now.  It feels like I've returned home after a long, arduous trip. 

Funny thing is when I decided I needed to get back to the gym I tried going to one that was farther away because I really like a trainer there. (We are military and this large base has a few gyms to chose from.) 

Well, I loved her class, but it's really too far out of my way to fit into my busy days.  I also tried another gym closer because ours was having the floors redone.  This time I did not care for the instructor, but the class was fine.  

Well, last Friday I went back to "my" regular choice of gym on base, even though it was a new-to-me class in the time slot I usually go.  I was nervous, but I needed to get back to my familiar grounds and I knew I couldn't wait until Monday.  

It went so good!! 

I wanted to share this when I got home that day, but my schedule was too packed to blog.  

That day the gal that instructed that class commented on how good it was to see me again.  She has no idea how touched I was to hear that.  I filled her in a little on my weight gain, frustration and determination to get back into shape and not quit. 

She said, "Well, it's good to have you back!!"

Then this past Monday I went back to one of my favorite classes and was welcomed by one of my favorite instructors who was out for maternity leave.  Seeing her, along with a few regulars, was so comforting.  

I felt like I was home.  

Because I talk too much, and because I have this need to explain why I'd been gone for so long and looking pudgier upon my return, I shared a bit with the instructor and one of the regulars a little of having gained some, not worked out and finally getting back on track.  They were both very encouraging.

And once again I felt like I was home. 

Home Sweet Gym

I am only committing to the Monday and Wednesday classes, because I run at home 2-3 days a week, but those two days of strength training apparently made a world of difference in my life physically and emotionally and after just one week of taking them I already feel so much better.

It's a good feeling.  More on track.  More like I'm finding some semblance of normal back in my life with regards to my health.  What a lovely thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment