"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Thankfully Yours

No matter what has happened in my life this year I have found myself being very grateful.  Allow me to share...

I'm grateful my mother passed away peacefully in her sleep and not in some tragic accident or long, drawn out disease.  I am also thankful for the wonderful memories I have of her, including phone calls discussing what part of Thanksgiving preparations we were on in the days leading up to the holiday.  

I'm also grateful for cell phones.  This photo is the last time I saw my mom in person -- almost a full two years prior to her death last January -- and I was shocked that it was that long since I had seen her in person because we were able to stay so close with today's technology.  

I'm grateful for my husband who works hard, makes time for our family and is quick to smile....even for me when I visited him at work the day before his 40th birthday a couple weeks ago.  He listens wonderfully and always has the right thing to say when I need some insight or another point of view.  

I'm grateful for three healthy teenagers who can still have fun.  A day does not go by that I have to get on somebody for their attitude, but neither does a day go by that I don't look at them with love and am grateful they are alive and well.  

My son's ski accident last spring could've paralyzed him or killed him;  it only injured him.  Though he's still healing from that injury he is alive and well.  (And I am also giggling that I mentioned they are healthy...and posting a picture of them at McDonalds...on my healthiness blog...[grin])


And it wouldn't be right to post on here without saying I'm thankful I am truly making a healthier, happier ending in my life.  I'll never regret taking the first step towards becoming healthier.  Had I not done that I couldn't have borrowed my husband and son's clothing to dress up like a soccer girl for a sports-themed baby shower recently. [more grinning]

To sum it up....life brings trials sometimes -- joy and pain, laughter and tears-- but by God's grace I am still alive and can honestly say I am thankful for all God has done in my life through it all.

I wish you all a wonderful Thanksgiving!


p.s.  I am also very, very Thankful for a father who has not shut himself away from the family since my mother's death.  We also stay in touch regularly via texts, emails and phone calls.  It's more than every before and I'm so, so glad.  He's a great man who has been through the most since losing his spouse of almost 40 years, and I know he could've handled things very differently as many others do.

1 comment: