"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Friday, November 7, 2014

Two-Minute Post - Exercise Thoughts

I have a birthday cake in the oven for my husband and have about two more minutes to get a quick post in.  

It's just been that kind of week... [grin]

There's been too much candy.  

Not enough water. 

But plenty of thought about why I've felt so crappy and having such a hard time getting my act together. 

To sum it up, I thought more about my 30 minutes a day to exercise and come to the conclusion that I really need to get back to the gym like I was before.  I just haven't been feeling all that great, emotionally or physically, and I think it's partly because I haven't been getting exercise like I used to. 

My husband's thought on the subject was, "It's because you're in shape now."  (So, I don't feel like I really exercised when I just go for a walk...)

When I thought over my five recent years as a healthier lady I remembered I do my best with fitness when I am going to the gym.  Even if all I do is use the elliptical or bike I do better when I've left my house and gone to the gym.  Running is the only thing I do better here at home, since we have a great neighborhood to run in. 

So, I decided that I would make time at least 2-3 days a week to get to the gym for the spin or HIIT classes.  They pump me up, make me work hard and I feel so much better throughout the day when I do them.  (The HIIT classed involve weights and I really like that.)

In fact, and the reason I'm posting so late today, I decided to get to a class today.  I knew I couldn't put it off until Monday. 

And I'm so glad I did. 

Yes, I had a house to clean, a few food items to pick up at the store and a cake to bake (and a quick trip to my husband's work when he forgot something here at home...which he didn't remember until after I'd visited him at work once to see what his coworkers did for him..but I digress..)...all for a small party we're having this evening, but first I had to take care of me and get some good exercise in.

I haven't worked that hard in about two months and it sure felt great!  

So, I am still committing to at least 30 minutes a day of exercise 5-6 days a week,  but that is to make sure I get AT LEAST that on the days I really can't squeeze an hour in at the gym.  

And this week?  It's going good.  I'm on day four of five days and plan to go for a good walk or run tomorrow -- depending on how sore I am after today's class.  lol 

Have a good weekend and thanks for checking in on me! 

1 comment:

  1. An instructive post. People to really know who they want to reach and why or else, they'll have no way to know what they're trying to achieve. People need to hear this and have it drilled in their brains..
    For healthy living a daily diet plays an important role. To get healthy and fit a proper and balanced, diet is necessary.
    Your article is very nice , I had fun reading this and many great insights here.
    Thanks for sharing an excellent article

    ReplyDelete