"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Monday, November 10, 2014

Motivational Monday - Motivated by Katie

A week ago on Katie's Motivational Monday post over at Runs For Cookies she made a comment, "I want to go into 2015 feeling happy with where I'm at."  I read that and was like, "Yes!  Me too!"  

I'm still pretty frustrated with how this year has turned out with regards to my size, but I know I don't want to wait until the new year to start working on things again.  The holiday season is not the easiest time of the year to try and lose a few pounds, or inches, but I know it can be done, because I've done it in the past.  

Katie has also recently been through the death of close family friend and experienced some weight gain during that time.  Through the year she has been honest about her ups and downs, about trying new things to help her not binge and about buying clothes that fit her right now so she is not depressed with nothing to wear -- all things I can relate to this past nine months.  

So, when I read that she is getting back on track and aiming to start the new year feeling better than right now I was motivated.  It's not a race, but rather a little bit encouraging to see someone else get their mojo back and think, "If she can do it, so can I." 

If you can use some of that motivation check out her blog.  You will leave inspired to keep pushing on.  I know I always do.

No comments:

Post a Comment