"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Monday, October 19, 2015

Choose YOUR Healthy

The Healthy Holidays Challenge is going well.  There is a range of success happening;  some are nailing all their goals and some continue to check in whether they are reaching their goals or not.

The participants are being honest and each is doing what is working for them right now.  This pleases me because, in my opinion, that's one of the main keys of weight loss.  

There are so many plans out there and a lot of them work, but each person has to decide what will work best for them.  When I started losing weight for the last time I was so scared of failure I decided my goal was to simply lose some weight and the only "plan" I was going to follow was to make two changes. 

  1. Start walking 30 minutes, three times a week.
  2. No more regular soda outside of mealtimes. 
It was that simple, but it wasn't long before other healthier habits started to form.  

As time went on I tried various strict eating plans, which worked but left me feeling like they weren't a lifestyle I wanted to live forever.  I decided making healthier choices in general and allowing all things in moderation worked best for me.  

I also began to love exercise, but outside of the two half marathons I trained for I've never spent more than an hour a day exercising.  During busier seasons of life I've been happy to get 30 minutes in regularly. 

Put those together and it meant my healthy body looked a little fuller than some, but I was okay with that.  I am okay with that. 

I'm 5' 4" and when I was at my lowest weight of 160 pounds I wasn't "skinny", but I felt strong and in control;  and I confess I also felt pretty amazing in my clothing.  I was active and I ate all things in moderation; cutting back in some places so I could indulge in others.  It was my healthy and it's what I'm working towards again. 

What does your healthy look like?  

Today I encourage you to figure that out and work on coming to peace with it.  Set goals that are both attainable and sustainable for you.   

If strict diet and exercise are what you love, then go for it!  If you are content staying moderately active and enjoying all foods in moderation like myself, that's okay too.

In my opinion, when you are at peace with what your healthy lifestyle looks like you have the best chance at success.  

No comments:

Post a Comment