"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Healthy Holidays Update #4

**My internet router was blown in a major thunder storm last Friday morning, so I'm just getting to this post now. **

I'd like to write off this week and try again.  The gain from the state fair weekend never did come off.  Geez.  So, I'll do an update and move on with my challenge.  

  1. I will exercise at least 30 minutes at least 4 times a week.  Originally this was a fail, but after being so vexed with the gain I decided to get a third day of exercise done on Friday and then actually did make myself get my 4th day done on Saturday.  So...this turned out to be success after all.  :)  
  2. I will eat "weight-loss" portions and healthier options, tracking my food on My Fitness Pal, so I will see a loss of at least 10 pounds.  I'm up and +1.0.  Sigh.  192.5  What the heck.  Whatever.  -1.0/10 lost. 
  3. I will drink at least 32 oz. of pure water a day.  This was about 75%, but needs to be better.
  4. I will bake and enjoy holiday treats within reason, making sure to track what I eat no matter how high the calorie count.  I did not track most of the week.  There was no eating till stuffed, but I didn't track all my treats either.
  5. I will strive for a balance between challenging myself to stick to a healthier plan and allowing myself to mess up.  Fail.  That's all I can say. I didn't try to stick to a healthier plan and I had a hard time allowing myself to mess up, especially when the scale jumped by more than I thought was realistic.  

No comments:

Post a Comment