"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Was it The State Fair?

My scale is up... 3 pounds!! And it's not budging.  

Yes, I had treats at the state fair this past Saturday.  No, my water intake hasn't been all that great.  And no, I haven't eaten really strict since Saturday to make up for the fried snickers I tried or the other treats I sampled with my family.

But 3 pounds??  Good grief.  

One of the biggest things about this move that has changed for me is the lack of access to a gym.  Since I began losing weight I always had access to a  gym on base.  With two kids graduating high school this coming spring and trying to pay off some things before moving them both away to college in the summer we decided a gym membership is going to have to wait.  

And sometimes I really lament not having access to the one-hour body bump or spin classes I used to take.  Yes, I could run a lot again and burn lots of calories, but honestly I don't lose weight well when running.  That's another lesson for another time. 

For now, I'm learning for the umpteenth time that the food choices really do matter most.  I am exercising 4 days a week for at least 30 minutes and quite honestly I'm not always as motivated as when I would go to a gym.  I love my walks, I love my HIIT workouts and I've had a good run, but it's not the same as counting on those 1-hour workouts 4 days a week.  

sigh...

Then to only gain half a pound when I'm on my monthly (and only exercised like 2 or 3 times and easy walks at that) and then see a 3-pound gain over the weekend  that won't budge since.... Such a vex.  

Anyway, I just had to vent.  I'm pretty sure I know what needs to change and I will change it.  Now I'm reminded why I only set a holidays challenge goal of losing ten pounds in the last 100 days of the year.  I don't do strict diets well and getting back on track is tough.  

That's all.  I'll be fine.  I won't quit.  

[end tantrum]

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, doesn't it seem like the scale swings higher on the way up for less indiscretion? It seems unfair. I am the same way.

    ReplyDelete