Good morning! Well, nine days of our challenge is in the books. It hasn't been the best week for me, but I'm happy to report progress in my goals. Before I go any further, here's my update.
My goals for the 2015 Healthy Holidays Challenge are:
- I will exercise at least 30 minutes at least 4 times a week. Done! I've switched from walking to using HIIT 30-minute DVDs and I'm sore. It's a good thing.
- I will eat "weight-loss" portions and healthier options, tracking my food on My Fitness Pal, so I will see a loss of at least 10 pounds. While my weight is down a pound this week (189.5 - woot!) I didn't make healthier choices a lot of the time. I do know that my overeating is getting in way better control than it had been for a while, so that is good as well. So, while not a complete fail this week, I don't feel a complete victory either.
- I will drink at least 32 oz. of pure water a day. Also a yellow, because I did not get this done every day. Darn that Coke Zero.
- I will bake and enjoy holiday treats within reason, making sure to track what I eat no matter how high the calorie count. I did make an apple pie and I have been careful about how much of it I've eaten, but I've had other sweets and didn't track them all.
- I will strive for a balance between challenging myself to stick to a healthier plan and allowing myself to mess up. Even though my first week wasn't the best I could've done I did do well enough to lose a pound. Green for go and for victory! (Did you know I like to color code my progress? [grin])
How was your first week? Whether you had an amazing start to our challenge or, like me, you only reached a couple of goals let us know how it went. Remember you can check-in here or on my Instagram.
Note: I've decided to leave the checking in open until midnight Sunday so that gives you three days to get it done. You can either update in a comment about how you're doing or comment that you've done an update on your own blog or Instagram account.
And since a majority of our challenge participants are solely on Instagram I think I'll come back here after updates are in and give a quick update on how everyone is doing.
Have a great weekend! I plan to...our temperatures are dropping ever so slightly, so I think I'll put my fall decor out. :)