"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Friday, October 9, 2015

Healthy Holidays Challenge Update #2

Good morning!  The challenge is going well.  Most of the participants are on Instagram and last week we had a good turnout checking in.  Everyone is off to a decent start and we even had two ladies whose weeks were "AWESOME".  :)

I'm enjoying motivating others and in turn being motivated to get back into weight-loss mode.  Quite honestly I still get vexed when I look in the mirror and see how the weight gain has affected me, but...the scale is trending down and the overeating has all but stopped.  So, things are going well. 

And now for my update:  

  1. I will exercise at least 30 minutes at least 4 times a week.  Done! I even got a run in one day.  The weather is cooling and it was beautiful out!
  2. I will eat "weight-loss" portions and healthier options, tracking my food on My Fitness Pal, so I will see a loss of at least 10 pounds.  My weight today is 188.0.  Down 1.5 from last week and 2.5 total so far.  I'm good with it.  :)
  3. I will drink at least 32 oz. of pure water a day.  Not 100% yet, but so close.  It's funny how simply having water with a meal really helps me reach this goal.  Since I've had days where I left a couple ounces in my water bottle I'm going with a yellow light on this one.   
  4. I will bake and enjoy holiday treats within reason, making sure to track what I eat no matter how high the calorie count.  The only holiday baking this week was "Pumpkin Oats" for breakfast and I measured and tracked everything.  They are yummy!!  I'll try and post the recipe later. 
  5. I will strive for a balance between challenging myself to stick to a healthier plan and allowing myself to mess up.   I am doing well with this.  Hosting this challenge has inspired me to set a good example by keeping my head in the game.  But I'm not beating myself up if I my calories are over-budget one day, because the eating till stuffed has pretty much completely stopped and I'm so happy with that. 
So, there is room for improvement, but I am pleased with how things have started for re-losing this weight. 

Thanks for stopping by and have a nice weekend! 

We are looking forward to THE GAME of the year (for us) tomorrow -- University of Oklahoma versus University of Texas tomorrow.  

We are going to a friend's house who also attended the University of Oklahoma with my husband and we will cheer our Sooners on as they kick some Texas butt.  

We *should* win, but we'll see...sometimes Texas surprises us and pulls out some great playing at the Red River Rivalry.  It's bound to be a fun game with lots of yelling and cheering.  :)  

 

1 comment:

  1. Love the Red River Rivalry. One of my sons is 4th generation to attend UT (my grandmother's father was the first in the 1880's), so I have to go with UT. :) Not that I have much hope of them winning.

    Congratulations on doing so well on your challenge ... I'm sure that water will happen. I've totally eliminated diet pop for years at a time, but then for some reason will decide to have *one* and it's like I never, ever quit drinking them.

    ReplyDelete