"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Bread & Cookies, Oh My!

So last night we had an early dinner and I ate light, leaving myself some calorie room for a treat later. By 10:00, after we returned home from a church function, I was hungry again and, unfortunately, did not settle for maybe a small cookie and some hot tea. Nope. I had a small meatball sandwich on a nice, soft bolillo roll and then....two Hershey kiss cookies afterwards with half a cup of 1% milk.

Oh my!

I wasn't too stuffed when I got into bed, but when I made myself add all those calories into my journal I was kept thinking, "Well, so much for saying not to beat yourself up for what you eat during the holidays. Good grief, Leah!!"

When my stomach was growling I really just wanted something of substance, not a cookie. So I think the meatballs would've been okay, but I easily could've enjoyed them without the roll and still been under my calories for the day. I wasn't upset for eating when I was that hungry, only a little bugged that I went over by so much and for fluff foods. It was the roll and the cookies afterwards that spike me up another 400+ calories.

But today is a new day, with no mistakes in it yet (I think.. LOL) and I'm going to do my best to stay away from those extra things that can ruin a hard day's work. I can do this. First off I'm going to get that exercise done. Have a good day everyone! Here's to not beating ourselves up, but learning from what we do. :)

3 comments:

  1. Like you said, today is a new day. You are living life and sometimes life gives you meatball sandwiches at 10 pm :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...No beating ourselves up this season!!!

    Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete