"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Vanity, Vanity

I had to stop in and say that I did indeed get my fourth day of exercise in today. We've had a busy and productive Saturday, and quite honestly I didn't want to workout. Well, I did want to workout because I knew I needed to and I would feel better if I did, but in all my vanity and laziness I didn't want to.

This morning I slept in a bit, worked on a computer project and then got ready to go out. I tell you truthfully that I felt I had gotten "cute" for my day of errands and a soccer game for my son and I didn't want to ruin that.

Sad (giggling), but true. Pure vanity.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a "bling" type of girl, but it was a good hair day and Ih ad on my new cargo pants that make me feel slim and "cute". LOL I knew once I worked out I would be sweaty and looking more like cleaning house than out Christmas shopping.

I got over my vanity and did the 30-day shred. I sure do feel better now that I did it, so of course I'm glad I did. Now I can get dinner going, shower and relax for the evening. (still giggling)

See you on Monday!

4 comments:

  1. Great job on getting that workout in!

    It's funny how having a good hair day or something like that can completely change your mood/attitude for the day. Just got my hair cut on Wednesday and I've had good hair days since. Love it!

    So you think Snickerdoodles are a PA thing?! That's just crazy to me! The rest of the world is seriously missing out on some great cookies! Haha! Love me some snickerdoodles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. No worries about long comments! I love them! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, i thought i was the only one vain enough not to want to work out on a 'good hair day.' I have so few! Good for you for going anyway and getting done. I'm going to borrow that attitude today and go to the gym no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how you feel! Whenever I exercise I've got to restraighten my hair as it gets all weird and wavy looking - even if it is clean! So frustrating. Good for you on doing the work out anyway!

    ReplyDelete