"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Friday, December 17, 2010

Weigh-In ... Hot 100 Update #12


Today's Weight: 187.5
Loss/Gain: -2.0 lbs
Total Loss So Far: -43.5 lbs

Well, as many of you know my biggest happy moment this week was reaching my running goal of jogging at 4.8 mph on the treadmill for 25 minutes straight!! Today as I was jogging I realized that it's a good thing I reached this goal a little early, because I won't be going to the gym after next Wednesday. My husband is taking his final boards' exam on the 29th & 30th of this month and isn't around much to watch the kids unless absolutely necessary.

I won't keep you long as I'm sure you're all busy with holiday preparations. So, here's my Hot 100 Challenge update for this week:

WEIGHT GOAL: Lose 0.5 - 1.5 lbs a week (Beginning weight 194.0). I am down this week, which puts me just a pound above my lowest weight so far. Technically I'm doing well, because my minimum of 0.5 lbs a week would put me at 6.0 pounds lost so far and I've lost 6.5. yay..I guess. :)

ACTIVITY GOALS:Exercise four days a week, no skimping down to three during the holidays. *edited on Sunday* I did not get that 4th days of exercise in...was planning on it for Saturday, but something was added to my already busy day, so it didn't happen. It was a good reason to miss it, so I'm not too worried. Should be easier next week.

Be able to jog at 4.8 mph for 25 minutes. This gives metime for slight warm up and cool down on the treadmill that has a 30-minute limit at the gym. Done!!!!!!!!!!!! YEA!!!!! I did this on Tuesday and am thrilled. Actually today I jogged 2.0 miles in seconds under 25 minutes, so I did this two times this week. SO HAPPY!!!

FOOD GOALS: Drink at least 64 oz of water daily. Done . Been getting more like 96 oz in a day lately. :)Journal all my eats and drinks and stay within my calorie goals daily, with the exception of one high-calorie day that I allow to throw things off a bit. Yes.

EMOTIONAL GOAL: **I've decided to make my emotional goal the goal of visiting one new blog each week. Connecting with others on this journey is the emotional support I need at this time. Yes.

HOLIDAY GOAL: Only one or two "foo-foo" coffee drinks from Starbucks the week I am visiting my mom in November. I will stick to regular coffee and cream the rest of the weeks. Done. I've actually been ordering hot tea when I go now. My favorite is the Hot Cinnamon Spice, which you can only find at Barnes & Noble's Starbucks these days. Yum!

Do you see all that green?!? :) Just a little happy over here in Oklahoma! I tracked what I ate all week and stayed under or just at 1500 calories daily, with the exception of my one high day.

I've even allowed myself a cookie or some cinnamon roasted pecans here and there. I simply tracked it and fit it into my day. I also only had one cookie if I had one.

Funny how being careful shows on the scale, huh? =)

I'm planning to stay on track this week and see another loss before our day of festivities. Have a great weekend everyone!!

5 comments:

  1. I so love to see your enthusiasm!! You have done so well and it shows!! Keep it up! Yea!

    I've seen so many blogs that are just the opposite today. So refreshing to see such a positive one! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo for you and all that green:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! You are doing awesome, Leah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Check out all that green! Way to go!! You're doing amazing!! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo hoo! Congrats on the loss and on the running goals! You are doing so awesome. I love following your progress!

    ReplyDelete