"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Ponderings

Hello! It's still busy, busy around here...so here's a few thoughts I've been having as Christmas gets closer.

  • Puppy chow is the bomb!!! (as the kids say) I've never made it until this year and LOVE IT!!! But did you know that peanut butter-chocolate-buttery covered chex coated in powdered sugar is about 600+ calories for one cup?!? Yes, I figured this out so I could journal it. Now, I used real butter, so maybe margerine would lessen the calories some. Maybe. LOL Let's say I carefully enjoyed every little piece that went into my mouth, and thankfully I made it for our Children's Church kids, so only about one full cup stayed in my house. Good thing....
  • Snacking has helped me stay on track this week. The good snacking, that is. I've kept blackberries in the fridge, Naked Juice drinks, fresh cheese and crackers and these cool (albeit processed) mini lunchables that are only 150 calories each in the fridge. Taking time to eat a small snack every couple of hours when I feel hungry has kept me from binging because I waited too long to eat.
  • Water is my friend!!!!! I think I'm finally getting a good habit of drinking water. It's been easy to get 64 oz in daily, and many days I get more in. Yay!!
  • Learning that you don't have to live up to all the expectations you set for yourself at the holidays is a great way to relieve yourself of stress. I was getting worried about some baking I hadn't gotten done, and then realized that every year doesn't have to be exactly like the year before. I take care of the basics, keep a good attitude and don't let the stress of not meeting last year's (or the proverbial "Jones' " ) standards keep me from enjoying Christmas preparations.

Okay, I'll stop there for today. I hope you are all enjoying your holiday preparations. I'll be back tomorrow morning with my weigh-in and update and then it will be a final greeting until after Christmas. A small little comment about a weight-related Christmas miracle for me.

For those that will be traveling before I update tomorrow... have a great Christmas!

3 comments:

  1. I love your ponderings Leah!!!
    I must go and Google Puppy Chow now to see what it is...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ponderings! I have fallen a bit on the wayside with the snacking these last couple days, but it certainly is not the end of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. waterwaterwater.....i forget about it sometimes...but when i remember i can't get enough!

    ReplyDelete