"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Friday, January 7, 2011

Weigh-In - Sweets Break

Today's Weight: 187.0
Loss/Gain: -4.0 lbs.
Total Loss So Far: -44.0 lbs

Yay! The scale is going back in the right direction! :) I'm very happy with this loss, because I've cut back, my eating is getting back to normal, and it showed.

Yesterday began a break from sweets and sugar for me. I remember Diane mentioning once that when she started her journey she didn't eat any chocolate for a month. She said something to the effect of it was an area of struggle and she needed to cut it out completely because she couldn't handle just a little bit when she started out.

Now I can usually handle my small amount of chocolate chips, or just a cookie, and I've gotten good at fitting it into my day... but... sometimes I can not. During the holidays it was mostly high calorie real food that put the weight on, but it was also some very yummy desserts.

I decided that I'm going to cut out desserts and sweets. They can often be the extra 100 calories that I don't need in my day. I'm not going as far as to not eat a protein bar that has chocolate on it, just no desserts, sweets or sugared drinks for a month.

Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad the scale is going in the right direction for you! I hope it continues for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for the great loss!

    Here's to a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi leah! I just read you comment to me on the Where Women Cook site, and hopped on over for a visit.. what a surprise to see your lovely blog! I just posted about my own weight loss journey on my blog, thought you might like to read it. Good luck to you! Keep it up!
    www.thefancyfarmgirl.com
    have a great day!
    xoxo, Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leah - so great to see you gaining control of your eating after the holidays. You are doing all the right things!

    ReplyDelete