"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Taking Back my 2011 Goals

Okay, ever since I posted about my goals for 2011 I've had these nagging thoughts about how I really don't feel like the new calendar year is MY new year. I started my weight loss journey in May of 2009, so my years begin and end in that month.

Also, for what it's worth...every major move in my life since I graduated high school has been around May/June. I think something about the end of a school year, major moves and then the "official" start of my weight loss journey all being in May really makes me feel like that's when my years change...Weird, I know, but this has been bothering me for the past week.

So, after much thought, I've decided I'm taking back my 2011 goals. I kept feeling like setting those goals put me with the masses of people who were setting New Year's resolutions of losing weight and exercising and I don't want to be a part of that group.

Somewhere around Thanksgiving I was already planning to kick things up a notch after the holidays and really see how close to my goal I could come by my husband's graduation on June 4, 2011. It seemed fitting to announce those plans around the new year, but it's just a continuation of my journey, not a new start.

My "new year" will be celebrated in May and my goals to finish out this year of my weight loss journey are as follows:
  • Get as close to my goal of 130/135 as I can.
  • Get to running regularly and have my speed faster than it is now.
I will be doing this by:
  • Using Tap and Track to journal my calories daily, I think right now I'm at 1200 net calories a day, so about 1500 when I work out heavy. I'm going to double check on that.
  • Allowing myself only one high calorie day a week.
  • Drinking at least 64 oz. of water daily.
  • Exercising at least four days a week, maybe even upping the intensity when my schedule allows.
I'm not sure if I'll be updating whether or not I meet these weekly goals on my Friday weigh-ins. I posted with this today because I want it to have it's own place in my blog.

Yes, we are entering a new year, but I'm just continuing on in my journey...not really starting anything new. And I'm really excited to keep it going and "get 'er done". :)

Thanks for allowing me my weirdness! :) Actually, I would've done it whether you agree or not... LOL It is "MY New Ending" after all. (said in giggling, lightweight voice)

I'll be back tomorrow with my weigh-in. :)

1 comment:

  1. You are so right - your year does not have to start on Jan 1! For me, it did happen to be the day I stepped on the scale last year and saw 221.8. But really, my year stated on 3/25/2010 so 3/25/2011 is when I will really take an assessment of how much weight I lost in a year.

    ReplyDelete