"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Balanced Focus

What a week it's been. Good in general life, not the best in weight loss life. Today I find myself praying to find the balance between staying focused on my weight loss journey and life.

I need to stay focused on weight loss to lose the weight, but I don't want it to be the only thing I think about all day. My whole problem is having food consume me and I need to break that. Yet, I need to not let food consume my every moment without losing focus to the point that I gain weight.

I'm finding myself repeating the same mistakes and falling into the same habits that prevent me from going forward with my weight loss at a steady pace. I'm about the same weight I was at the beginning of December and not happy about that. Yes, I'm happy I haven't gained, but I need to continue losing.

hhmm... it's a thinking day today. I know what needs to be done to lose weight. As Syl mentioned in her blog post on Monday. It's real simple and I don't really need magic pills or plans or even cool accesories (dreaming of a Body Bugg here..).

I just need to get to it, and keep it in a balanced focus with the rest of my life. I'm working on that.

Feel free to comment.... experiences? Similar struggles? I'm open.... :)

2 comments:

  1. I wish I had an answer for you as I struggle to figure out what happened in me gaining 5 lbs in one week the week after hit such important milestones and then it's not like I worked my ass off to get the 5 lbs off again. I can't steadily lose 1-2 lbs a week - I really wish I could!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have 'maintained' the same weight for about 4 months now (well, I gained 5 pounds so I guess I didn't really maintain even). I think it's just the weather and lack of sunshine and motivation. I was just happy that I 'didn't gain' a boat load during those months. I still have a good 30 pounds I would like to lose.
    I have found a new motivation in the last couple of weeks and I'm happy to say I'm back to losing! For me it was simply pushing myself (with a new kettlebell 10 pounder instead of the 5 pounder) and feeling those new muscles start to develop. That sore but good feeling of a new muscle being worked jump starts me every time! (and washing all the curtains in the house..for some reason the fresh curtains up on the walls made me feel alive again lol...I think I just need spring to gget here already)

    ReplyDelete