"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Full-time Days

It's Wednesday and I've been working every day this week so far. When working my days are full and then my evenings are full of taking care of household chores and relaxing for a few minutes with the family. Blogging is not the highest on my list of things to get done, so it takes a backseat when I'm this busy. The good thing is my weight loss journey doesn't. :)

I've still been tracking my food and I've gotten up to exercise in the mornings. Today is my rest day in the week, so I was able to sleep an extra 30 minutes.

I told my friend on Monday night that I'm a little amazed at the energy I've had each evening to get dinner and take care of what needs to be done (to keep the house from getting a mess while I'm working). I told her when I worked full-time before I used to be so tired in the evenings. I attribute this energy to eating better and getting regular exercise. Of course rest is good too and I've done pretty well at getting to bed at a decent hour...something about knowing I'm getting up at 5:45 helps me. :)

Anyway, I have a post brewing regarding a sermon my pastor preached last Sunday. He and his wife have been exercising and watching what they eat for the past few months and in his sermon on striving for excellence he paralleled his weight loss journey to his walk with God. It was a very timely sermon for me in all areas of my life, especially with my word being FOCUS this year. :) I took many notes and will be back to share with you what I learned as soon as I have a bit more time.

In the meantime, I'm off to get dressed for work. I hope you're all having a good week. Thanks for checking in! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment