"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snow Day Workout

Today was a snow day for, well everyone. We knew a storm was a'comin and we woke up to snow like they said we would. Okay, well not as much as Lori has been getting, but still enough to shut everything down because we're not used to roads covered in snow. :)

So, what did I do today? Well, I spent all morning working on a project at the computer. Washed bedding on and off all day. Made lunch for the kids - all four of them. Yep, my love was home today too. :)

Then we all settled in and watched Secretariat (very neat movie) and suddenly I was tired of sitting around...so I put on my tennis shoes, popped in the DVD and started a Leslie Sansone Walk At Home 3-mile workout.


I stepped higher than ever before, and pushed myself as hard as I could. Ms. Leslie even did a little bit of an arm workout with the hand weights. Boy it felt good!


I wore my Garmin with heart rate monitor (yes, I finally used it and will post about it tomorrow maybe) and tracked my heart rate throughout the workout. I was pleased to share with my husband that I kept my heart rate between 145-155 bpm's throughout the workout, and I even hit just over 160 bpm's at the most intense point. Woo Hoo! He's always doubted whether "walking DVDs", as I call them, do that much good for me.


Well, they sure did today. My old faithful 3-Mile Weight Loss Walk DVD gave me a way to get some good exercise in on a cold, cold day.

Have a nice evening! I'm off to make a late dinner for the family. Er, scratch that...while I've been posting my Luv has taken up my offer to free himself of boredom and make dinner. *insert sly smile* He's "getting creative in the kitchen" and I'm all for that this evening! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment