"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Friday, December 16, 2011

Weigh-In ... Hot 100 Update #11

Today's Weight: 180 . 5
Loss/Gain: - 0 . 5

Seeing as how TOM arrived a few days ago I'm content with this loss. It's a switch from the usual monthly gains I was expecting to interrupt these last few weeks of the Hot 100 challenge.

If it weren't for the Hot 100 challenge I'd be very proud of myself right now for showing a loss during my cycle, maintaining my 4-5 days a week of exercise and for not gaining weight during the holidays. I knew challenging myself to lose 20 pounds in three months was doable, but really out there for me. I know I still have two more weeks to work on losing before the end of the year, but I've pretty much given up on this challenge.

I'm not saying this to allow myself to go hog wild with eating the next two weeks, but to let you know that I have allowed myself to give it up mentally and not live in a fear of rejection for my failure

Yes, I failed meeting the goal of this challenge. Yes, I'm ashamed of myself for that. But I am not going to dwell on it longer than necessary and, most importantly, I am not going to quit working on my weight loss journey.

Two weeks ago Lori commented to me, "Never feel like you can't get to goal. Always keep trying because the alternative is much, much worse." I have kept that in the back of my mind and it is why I will keep going. I didn't meet this challenge, but I have maintained my loss of 50 pounds and for that I'm happy.

So...I will go now. I have a house to clean, a work Christmas dinner to prepare for (where I will be wearing a skirt that is getting baggy on me), a few more presents to wrap while the kids are away at their last day of school before the Winter Break and I have to go keep my chin up.

I leave you with a famous quote from Miracle on 34th Street, "It's silly, it's silly, but I believe." I will lose this weight! :o)

Have a nice weekend everyone!

4 .5 down
15 . 5 to go

No comments:

Post a Comment