"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Saturday, February 11, 2012

My Heart-y Workout

It's here! The Healthy Heart Weekend!
Three days to do show the love for the wonderful creation that is your body by doing something healthy for it.

First - My Picture Proof:

... 2.29 mi 30 min
+ 2. 81 mi 36:22 min
---------------------------------
5.1 miles 66:22 min


Short Story:
This year I chose to walk 5 miles. Yesterday (Friday) I ended up doing walk/jog intervals for the 5 miles and it felt great!

Long(er) Story:
I originally wanted to do something with running, but I wasn't sure if I would be able to do any running with my recent surgery. After the good report on Monday I knew I could at least try some walk/jog intervals.

And I did. ... In between the warm up and cool down I did one minute walk/jog intervals, walking at 15:00 minute mile pace and 11:00 minute jogging pace for a total of about 55 minutes

The gym requests that we only use the cardio equipment for 30 minutes at a time, so I split my workout between two treadmills. The treadmills were pretty open, so I had no problem doing this and probably could've stayed on the same one for the entire hour. I just didn't want to get into trouble. Once this past week they've announced over the intercom about the 30 minute rule.

Anyway... I had a great time!!! I was so excited to be able to do those intervals for so long. What a wonderful blessing it is to have a body that is capable of regular exercise.

I'd love to know if you joined us and what you did. Also, don't forget to email Lori with picture proof of your Heart-y workout. She posted yesterday:
"You can still sign up through the weekend if you are just seeing this for the first time. Send me your photos to javaqueen01 (@) yahoo.com and what you did any time this weekend and I will do a round up post on Tuesday and pick the winners of the drawing."

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment