"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Monday, February 27, 2012

Victory

I am currently reading through Made to Crave Devotional by Lysa TerKeurst. It's a 60-day devotional that goes along with her line of thought in the book Made to Crave.

Today's thought for the day really spoke to me in light of my recent weight loss struggles:

"Thought for the Day: Victory isn't a place we arrive at and then relax. Victory is when we pick something healthy over something not beneficial for us -- again and again." - Lysa TerKeurst, Made to Crave Devotional

I have nothing to add to that except to share a victorious moment in my day today.

My workout for today was set to include my "long" run, which for me means trying to run the majority of my 30 minutes on the treadmill (at a slower pace) with fewer walk breaks. On a whim I decided to go ahead and see how long I could run before I felt the need for a break. I covered up the time with a towel and when I first checked it I was already 12 minutes into the running. I knew I could easily keep going, so I covered it back up with the towel and kept running.

In the end I made it the entire 25 minutes fairly easily at a 12:00 pace on a 0.5% incline. (I do a 5-minute warm-up walk before running.) On top of the fact that I made it the entire time running was the fact that I did it at the same pace I was running at when I stopped last summer.

V I C T O R Y ! ! !

Apparently I am not going to have to wait for months before I can run for a solid 30 minutes again. It would appear of all those little choices I made over the last 9 months, amidst a major relocation, to stay active in some way have paid off with regards to my running efforts.

It was a victorious workout to be sure. And with every better choice, whether in activity or food, I know I'll continue to have victory in my weight loss efforts as well.

It is a good day today. [contented sigh]

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome and I am so proud of you! I didnt know there was devo book for MTC. I am gonna have to look into it for my next devo book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Way to go! :) I've got to get running again...my race is coming up soon!

    ReplyDelete