"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Monday, June 25, 2012

Comfort Zones

Hello!  I hope you all had a nice weekend.  My household did...starting with a fun craft night Friday, then enjoying some visiting with friends, good church services and absolutely no healthy eating or exercise...

hhhmm..... 

Which brings me to today's post.  I am "trying" to get back on the wagon with my eating.  Actually, it's more like I'm trying to stay on the wagon for more than a day or two, or ever more than a few hours at a time.  

Same old story, different day. 

For those that are new readers this is exactly why it's taking me so long to reach my goal.  I don't stay on track consistently to see regular, steady weight loss.  Obviously, I've stayed on track enough to lose 60 pounds over three years, but you understand what I'm saying.

This morning I read Liz's post over at Prior Fat Girl titled "Comfortable" and realized that's still exactly my problem.  I don't just have an issue with discipline, I have an issue with being outside my comfort zones. 

" Yea, um....Eating healthy all the time is what my other healthy, thin friends do.  I am still chubby girl eating chubby girl portions and foods.  Healthy + Leah really haven't ever lasted very long...remember??" 

I mentioned zones above, because I also had to face something difficult today in Workout 3 of Body Revolution and it was not comfortable.   I know it was only 30 minutes, but I failed in parts and that is not comfortable. 

Running was getting comfortable, walking is definitely comfortable, even pushing myself hard on cardio machines is comfortable for me.  Doing plank ups are WAY out of my comfort zone.   (See below - you go from a plank to your forearms and then back up.  Um, well, you're supposed to anyway..)

"Excuse me, Jillian...um, my friend, Stephanie, yea...she's the one who does this crazy stuff.  Not me.  I'm Leah, the walker turned jogger who is simply excited she finished a 10K.  I am not the fit, strong lady you're trying to push me to be."

Just as I was thinking that about the workout Jillian spouts out with something like "This isn't going to be comfortable!!!! I don't want you to be comfortable!!  I want to push you outside your comfort zone...blah.blah."    Okay...I get it.  LOL  

Seriously, though...

Getting out of my comfort zones must've been exactly what I needed to hear today because I read about it with regards to food and then dealt with it in my exercise - all before noon.

I know we are not perfect.  I know that this is MY new ending and I must make my way there in a manner that works best for me.  However, I know that one of my greatest faults is still munching away unnecessarily and tossing aside healthier choices (Oh, I buy healthier options, so there's no excuse there.) and in the past I would shy away from any exercise that forced me to fail before I got stronger.  

Maybe today will be the day it all flips and I'll suddenly get going in the direction I need to.  I don't know.  All I know is this is where I'm at right now and it's what I'm going to deal with.  It's what I have to deal with to get to a healthier weight.

Because I'm determined to finish this, even if it makes me a little uncomfortable. 

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I hear you on getting the eating on track. That's something I have been having an issue with since doing longer bike rides. It's hard to eat enough on the day of a ride, but I overeat in the subsequent days. You can't out train a bad diet.

    ReplyDelete