"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Friday, June 1, 2012

Weigh-In ... L is for Large

Today's Weight:  171.0
Loss/Gain: + 1.5 lbs

Thank you TOM.  "It's" arrival (read: craving and eating extra chocolate and drinking less water) and a very busy week with shorter workouts does not result in weight loss.  

Last night I wanted to come on here and rant and rave and get out feelings, but I was too tired.  I haven't run in a week and was missing it terribly last night.  It's probably a good thing I was exhausted, because I kept telling myself that I would wake up feeling much better in the morning.  And I do.  

In fact, I've decided that instead of dwelling on the monthly gain I see about 90% of TOM weeks I will share a nice NSV.  

I think it's safe to say I'm officially into single-letter sizes.  

Yes, L is popping up on the tags of the clothes I buy recently, and I'm enjoying it immensely.  I've been getting to a point where a lot of my clothes are just too big and wearing big, baggy clothes can be very vexing sometimes.  (Interesting how one can feel "fat" just because the clothes are bunching up, or hang too loosely..)  

So, here and there I've begun to update my wardrobe with a few pieces that make me proud and ready to keep working on my weight.  It works.  

Wearing something that fits me better reminds me that I have come a long way and I am capable of continuing down the scale, TOMs or not.  :) 

Thanks for checking in and have a good weekend!  

p.s.  Okay, I have to say....Did I mention I've had a crazy, busy week?? We have one more week of school and then hopefully I'll be able to share some posts that have been bouncing around my head.  One thing I have been meaning to tell you is I was up and exercising Memorial Day morning before we started getting ready for the barbecue at our house.  My New Ending .... exercising on a holiday.  Add that to "L" and it's a good week after all.  :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm having about the same week. As TOM came to visit me, I too was craving chocolate. I opted for tootsie rools in order to control the damage as much as possible :) My week has been crazy too due to baseball schedules, so I haven't worked out as much. Weigh in day for me is tomorrow, so fingers and toes are crossed :) Congrats on the "L!"

    ReplyDelete