"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Friday, June 22, 2012

Weigh-In ... Project Summer

Today's Weight:  170.5
Loss/Gain:  +1.0 lb

Well, I am down about 1.5 lbs from after our vacation, but apparently I'm up a pound from my last official weight posted.  hhmm...  oh well. 

I am trying to get my food mojo back.  Eating for weight loss, reminding myself that I need to finish what I've started, etc. etc.  Not always so easy, and especially not so after being on vacation where my mind always seems to switch into "I can eat whatever I want, because I'm in a hotel." mode.  

The past few days I've gotten back to tracking all my food, so I'm using those tools necessary to get back into weight loss mode.  

This brings me to what I am sort of calling, "Project Summer"...

With my kids out of school I have had to figure out what I'm going to do for exercise that allows me to be around for them.  They are old enough to leave alone for a couple of hours, but I don't want to do that unless absolutely necessary.  So, I decided to figure out something to do near my home versus my school time workouts at the gym. 

I'm also having trouble with pain in the hip flexor area when I run, so I needed to figure out something else beside running every day. 


I have begun the 12-week workout plan and I'm making the 30-minute DVDs my morning exercise.   It includes six days a week - four days intervals, and two days of cardio. 

Two of my local friends are doing it and said it gets really hard after these first couple of weeks.  I start week 3 next week.  It's been quite the workout.  

Cardio is great and I've loved my gym workouts, but this toning and interval training with Jillian is going to be very beneficial to my fitness.  Plus, I can do it in my living room.  I'm hoping that the strengthening in my legs will help alleviate the hip flexor pain I've been having when I run.

My kids would like to take walks in the evenings or go to the gym a couple times a week, so we'll fit that in as we can, but it will be extra exercise for me, not replacing my DVD workouts. 

OH, and ... I am not following the Body Revolution eating plan, but I would like to get myself disciplined enough to keep my calories around where she suggests for quick(er) weight loss.  THAT's my biggest problem, so we'll see.  

Starting today, I'll include updates on my workouts every Friday with my weigh-ins.  

I'd say the Navy Ball I will need a new dress for in August is my greatest motivation, but unfortunately I haven't mastered the "I won't eat it because I am working towards a goal" thing.  It's sad, but I settle to easily for the immediate satisfaction of a treat, even when that little voice in my head says "Do you really need that?!?"  That's something I know really needs work to finish up what I've started.  

So, my project summer....


  • Follow through with Body Revolution.
  • Keep calorie intake in weight loss range.
  • Work on reminding myself that the satisfaction of reaching my final weight loss goal will be better than the immediate satisfaction of __________ (whatever treat/meal is in front of me).
Thanks for checking in!  Have a nice weekend!

p.s.  After missing my morning workout yesterday I ended up going for a walk/jog with a friend in the evening.  We completed an hour of brisk walking with a little jogging thrown in, because she's just beginning running.  Unfortunately, the jogging bothered my hip...even that little bit.  But I felt good getting some form of exercise in for the day.  :) 

1 comment:

  1. How nice to be going to a ball! You'll be very pleased with yourself having kept your priorities in line when you look sleek in your ball dress.

    ReplyDelete