"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Friday, January 15, 2010

The Icing on the Cake


Sorry, but I couldn't find a better title for this post.... :)

To top of my successful week of the Perfect 10 challenge and my weight loss on the scale this morning I had a wonderful experience at the gym after school.

I decided since my C25K was done for the week I would see where my speed was at for running a mile.

Long story short is I ran a mile in 13:20, which is almost three full minutes faster than the last time I tried to run a full mile a month ago.

I set the pace at 4.5 mph on the treadmill and ran at that pace for a full mile. I wouldn't let myself slow down.

I knew I wasn't going to die, but the last two minutes were SO HARD. I ended up walking briskly to complete two miles and I was so proud of myself. Inside I was doing the happy dance!!!!
In fact, I think my husband is tired of me reminding him that I jogged a mile in about 13 and a half minutes - and 3 minutes faster than a month ago. LOL !!! Woo Hoo!!

Okay, I need to get ready for bed and rest these tired legs, but I just had to share that with everyone. It made for a very happy day for me. I feel so strong and capable. Yay!!

6 comments:

  1. Great work Leah! Your should continue to remind your husband :0)
    I do that too and it drives him crazy.

    Thanks for your comment my friend!

    Oh and I just have to say every time I log onto your blog with my kids around they sing the climb out load, it's quite cute! Love the Climb one of my favourite songs for when I 'm down and need a lift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Print out the Snoopy picture and tape it to your mirror to remind you of this encouraging day ...that you CAN accomplish great things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! It sounds like you've had a fantastic week all round, and that's a brilliant end to it. I keep trying (and failing so far because I don't have a treadmill and its January for goodness sake) to take up running, and I don't think anything else I've tried gives me such a feeling of success when I feel like I've achieved something!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is wonderful! Congrats on your accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so proud of you! Youre amazing :)

    ReplyDelete