"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Wintry Day

Well, we have a storm coming in, all schools were cancelled and I've been in the house all day. No going to the gym today with the icy roads and such, but I've just been careful to only eat when I'm hungry and not mindlessly munch. Somehow that was easier to do today than in the past and I'm grateful.

As I was working on a small receiving blanket by hand I decided to have my water bottle on hand instead of coffee. It was early in the day for another cup and I knew it would get cold while my hands were busy anyway.

However, I now have some coffee brewing to sip on while I read blogs and maybe go back to reading my book for a bit. This is my first day of rest from working out and I'll probably leave it like that. I might still go play on the Wii Fit later, but we'll see....I'm enjoying this lazy day immensely with my family all home.

3 comments:

  1. I love snow days. Sometimes a lazy day off is just the boost I need to attack life with renewed vigor. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a great snow day!

    love the new look of the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are supposed to have a winter storm heading this way. I think we are supposed to have ice and sleet. I have to go grocery shopping tonight because the whole city shuts down if there is ice on the road! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete