"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Monday, April 2, 2012

A Race


Hello! Happy Monday everyone. Yes, it's happy over here. My mom is visiting for two weeks. Yay!! But, more about that later...today I have some news to share.

If you look over to the right at my Daily Mile widget you'll notice that I've been running a lot lately - including longer runs the past two Saturdays. Well....it's because I am training for my first 10K.

Yes, my husband and I signed up for the Run for the Warriors race here in Jacksonville on Saturday, May 19th.

My husband challenged me to give the 10K a try, even though my original easy plan was to PR the 5K. I was pretty nervous about that because I had never run farther than 3 miles before.

Until now. :)

Thankfully, the progress I have made so far from the Couch to 5K program I started back in February already had me well on my way to preparing for this race. I found a 10K training plan on JeffGalloway.com and counted back from the race day to where I needed to start training. I only "missed" the first 4 weeks of this training program when I started, but since I was over halfway through the C25K I noticed I was running the same amount as the "missed" weeks suggested. Which basically means I'm fine. (sorry for confusion).

I've printed out the 10K training plan, marked where I started and am marking off each day as I finish the suggested training. I'm using the two mid-week runs to finish up my C25K program and then doing the long runs suggested on Saturdays. It's working out quite nicely.
So, I am completing my second ever race and I have a plan. I look forward to good things!

1 comment:

  1. THat's awesome and what a great race it is!

    I really want to run, but I have to get my breathing down so I don't feel like I'm hyperventilating.

    ReplyDelete