"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Random Thoughts on the Week

Before I go into my post I want to get off my chest that I am not liking the new Blogger setup.  *sigh*  I'm sure I'll get used to it, but it seems so formal now...all business.  oh well...

Another week is flying by and I've been all sorts of busy.  Busy is good, but I see that it affects my blogging.  Again I keep thinking of things to write about and don't sit and get it done.  So, I'm taking a few minutes today to do just that and here's a few random thoughts...


  • The running is going well.  I track my workouts on Daily Mile and am continuing to stay strong with the 10K training plan I'm following and cross training on various machines at the gym. 
  • When I go out in the neighborhood for a 3-mile run I consider it a "short" workout.  Then I'm amazed, because two years ago when I ran my first 5K (3.1 miles) it might as well have been a marathon because it felt so far.  
  • In the last week I've received two compliments at the gym along the lines of "I can see it's [working out] making a difference!"  That was motivating, especially when the scale hasn't moved too far down this month.
  • I'm reminded that tracking my food is pretty imperative for me to stay on track.  I'm a little more conscience of what I'm putting in my mouth when I know I'm going to write it down.  
  • For some reason I have been wanting to drink anything but water...argh...it's been rough to make myself get even 64 oz. in daily lately.  Not sure why, because I'm usually only like that during PMS.  hhmm...  I am finding that I get so thirsty and then I drink well again.  more hhhmmm..
  • Do you know I've been battling major allergies for over a month (congestion, productive cough, thick mucus, but all clear..) and yet I feel great when I'm running or working out?  I know I've read something about that before; something about exertion clearing up sinuses or helping to heal...don't remember now.  It's just weird, because I can wake up not feeling that great, but when I start to workout I am doing good and there no sneezing or runny nose.  
  • I have been following The Biggest Loser for about three years now and this season has been the worst one ever.  I don't like to be too negative, but the drama that has been laced into every episode has been vexing.  Loser inspired me when I decided to attempt losing weight again when they would have these deep conversations with the contestants and help them figure out why they kept failing at weight loss or why they put the weight on, etc.  If it turns into a drama reality show I'm afraid I'll have to let it go.   In the meantime...I'm hoping Jeremy wins (though I have a feeling Kim will), and I can not believe Conda made it to the finale.  I'll stop, but I'm just sayin'... 
That's about it for now.  I have a couple major projects I'm involved with at my church, like a Mother's Day Lunch I'm heading up that is in two weeks, so those added projects are keeping me busy.  Those along with multiple visits from family and friends over the last month have kept my days busy. 

 I don't mind it, but just so you know that I'm not slacking here on the blog because I'm not caring about my weight loss journey.

I am still still attempting to work at it and am aware of the fact that it continues to need to be higher up on my priority list than I put it some days (like when I was eating cheesecake at Bible Study the other night...what was I thinking?!?!)  My one glory, or make it two glories are my fitness continues to get better and I am still down on the scale.  Little by little I will make it to the end. 

Be back tomorrow with my weigh-in.

No comments:

Post a Comment