"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Sticking to Goals

Boy...my week is getting away from me. Daily I think of something to post and then don't get around to it. So, here's a quick thought that I've really been stewing about the past couple of days.

For some reason which is of course lack of discipline, I think I have gone overboard with my eating. sheesh. It's not looking good, but I am getting back to normal after the visit with my mom and the kids being home for Spring Break last week.

One thing that is going well is my exercise. I'm sticking to it, learning how to care for myself while running longer distances and getting excited about my 10K race coming up in May. I've also enjoyed conversations with my friends who are runners and feel so great knowing I can run like them to some extent.

In fact, it's one of them that lead me to think this week...she texted me about how the author of a book and blog I love ran in the Boston Marathon the other day. She commented about how neat it would be to run Boston one day. I was like, "You're crazy." We ended up agreeing that we'll be content with our current 10K's coming up.

It got me to thinking...I do love the running and am learning a lot about how to do it correctly, but I still have another goal I need to keep in focus. My weight. I am a good 40 pounds away from my weight loss goal and I need to concentrate on that.

Yes, I'm feeling better than ever, enjoying smaller sizes clothes and comments on my progress. I'm also glad my husband challenged me to train for this 10K race, as I've been so encouraged to see how am capable of more than I thought, but running longer distances is not should not be my goal right now. I do have some running dreams, but not now. I decided I need to focus on my weight loss and finish up that leg of this journey before venturing too far out on another.

So, I said all that to say this: I am loving the running, but while I'm learning how to run better/safer I need to stay focused on my eating and my weight loss goals. I need to finish what I've started. And I will.

(so much for a short note...LOL ... can you tell I type quickly??)

Have a good Wednesday everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Thats awesome! I had been wondering where you have been. Glad you are making such good progress with your running! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete