"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Friday, May 22, 2009

A Good Start

I am not following any certain weight loss program.  If asked I would say Weight Watchers is the best program out there.  Since I've been on it many times before I know what I need to do food wise.   To begin, my food goals are to only snack on healthy snacks, drink at least 32 oz. of water daily and only eat at meals until satisfied (not stuffed).  

I have begun working out at least three days a week with Leslie Sansone's Walk At Home DVDs.  This is a walking workout that I absolutely love!!!  Some people don't care for her, but I really enjoy it.  I've started out doing either 2 miles or 3 miles, three times a week.  I'm pushing myself as hard as I can and being so big it has made me sweat more than ever in the past during a workout.  

I'm also finishing up reading this book "Body Clutter" by Leanne Ely.  I've been writing in a journal as she suggests after each chapter and it has really helped me deal with some emotional and personal weight-related issues.  

These three things are helping me off to a good start and my weight last Tuesday was 226.5.  Technically I'm down about 5 pounds.  It's a good start!

No comments:

Post a Comment