"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Friday, May 22, 2009

To Blog or Not to Blog

As you've noticed, I finally got my weight loss blog up and running today. It took me a while to decide if I was going to blog or not. Honestly, the only thing holding me back was fear. Fear of failure. "What if I blog about it and then never lose the weight?" or "What if I lose the weight and then gain it all back like before?"

However, I've always been so inspired when following other peoples' weight loss blogs. Just seeing that I'm not the only one out there struggling with this and that many others have lost the weight and kept it off has kept me going at times in the past.

So, I decided to put aside my fears and go ahead and start this blog. My plan is to succeed and I know I can make it with baby steps and discipline.

The fear is still there, but I'm trying to face it by starting this blog. Only a few of my closest friends know about it and when I lose my first ten pounds I'll tell more of them. I'm a little nervous to let everyone know that I'm working on weight again and I figure my actions will speak louder than words. When they see the loss, they'll ask and then I'll tell them that I'm working on it again.

In the meantime, if I can encourage even just one person with my blog, then I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment