"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Friday, May 29, 2009

"Accept Who You Are"

I subscribe to the daily newsletter sent out by the digital scrapbooking company Scrap Girls.  I found this little excerpt to be very true and thought I'd share it with everyone.

I will be able to change my weight, but not some parts of my body.  That's why I personally agree that it's best to learn to love myself now, so that I will love even more the person hidden under all the extra weight.  

I especially love the last line....


Accept Who You Are

I've spent more than half a century wishing I was something other than I am. I realized my error this morning, as I was blowing my hair dry. Instead of spending a lot of time using a round brush to attempt to get everything to roll under, I flipped my hair over and used my fingers as I dried it, allowing it to go where it wanted.

As I looked at myself in the mirror, I realized that I have hair that many people would enjoy. And yet, I haven't liked it. I believe that to become presentable, I had to tame its behavior. I had to alter it.

Ridiculous.

It is just as silly of me to wish my fair skin, short chin and blond eyelashes away and that is what I have been doing. They are what they are. To wish them away is to wish myself away.

- Ro

No comments:

Post a Comment