"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Friday, May 29, 2009

"It's a good thing, Mom!"

I haven't worked out at all this week until last night.  I couldn't stand it anymore.  Yes, we were busy.  Monday was Memorial Day, Tuesday the last day of school, Wednesday some shopping with my mother-in-law who is visiting from another state, Thursday a dental appointment and laundry that desperately needed attending to.  On top of our busy schedule we've been staying up waaay too late and of course, who wants to wake up early when you didn't go to bed until midnight, or talked 'til 1:00 am??  But I couldn't stand it...I was feeling so GUILTY!! 

I kept telling myself that it's baby steps and I'll be back on track once my MIL leaves, which is tomorrow, but I couldn't always talk away the guilty thoughts.

So, last night I got out one of my new Leslie Sansone DVDs and decided I would do at least one of the five miles while my husband and MIL went to Wal-Mart.  One of my 11-year-old DDs (I have twin DDs) decided to do it with me.  It's a new DVD called "The 5-day slimdown" - you do a mile a day as they each target something in particular.  So, I decided that I could fit 14-16 minutes of walking into my evening and the laundry would eventually get folded.  

As I'm getting out the DVD my DD says to me, "Mom, it's a good thing you have all of those walking DVDs.  So, if we get fat when we get older we can come and use them to lose weight!" 

LOL !!!  Here's my twiggy thin DD telling me she's glad I'll be able to help them out later if they gain weight when they grow up.  

Well, dear, you bet!! I'll keep these DVDs, keep doing them and if you ever have a problem with your weight as you grow up you are more than welcome to come workout with mom!! 

P.S.  We ended up doing two of the five miles and I felt so much better afterwards.  She was a trooper and made it through the whole two miles..I think she might have even worked up a little bit of a sweat.  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment