"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Friday, February 12, 2010

Perfect 10 - Update #6

Here's another update for the Perfect 10 Challenge. This update brings a smile to my face, because I'm reaching my first goal and that was my primary purpose in joining the challenge...to begin being a runner. :)

My Perfect 10 Goals Are:
  1. Complete the Couch to 5K program. Yes - I finished week six today. In fact, today I jogged for 25 minutes straight. I'm telling you it was mind over matter for a while there, but I made it through. I'm no where near the distance I should be, but the fact that I could jog for 25 minutes at an average pace of 4.2 mph is quite the accomplishment for me.

  2. Drink 6-8, 8 oz. glasses of water daily. No.

  3. Adjust my eating to see weight loss. No. And getting back to square one to rectify the issues I'm seeing I have with food. Honestly, I used to mentally mock people that would "only" commit to losing 5 lbs a month, but going through this weight loss journey has shown me that it's nothing to laugh at. You can read my post below to see how I'm dealing with this.

As for the little tidbit on me....

I'm taking Steve's idea to talk about travel this week. I love to travel, though I don't do it too often. I do not get sick when on an airplane or as a passenger in a vehicle. I can fall asleep on any long trip, whether via air or car. I can read a book or work on handwork, cross stitch, crochet, etc. while in a moving vehicle (apparently many people get sick doing this).

I have been to both Canada and Mexico, but not to any other countries. I have been to the beaches on both the east coast and the west coast. I was able to go to Hawaii a few years ago and someday maybe I'll make it to Alaska for a visit.

Someday I would love to take a train ride across the country. Maybe not across the entire US, but a train ride that would last a couple of days. My husband doesn't like this idea, so I may have to do it with my mom or a good friend. :)

To sum it up, I love to travel and I hope someday to see more of our great nation and visit some other countries as well.

3 comments:

  1. I'll go with you on a train ride! JK!! I think your goals for this challenge are really great.

    I got back from NY this am at 2:20. I'm trying to catch up on everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You jogged for 25 min?!! That's awesome. I saw that coming up and thought that's a big jump from eight minutes to 25 minutes. I may add a week of something like that in between, maybe 15 minutes.

    (Oh, and thanks for stopping by and lending your support. It helped.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok - when You're ready for that train ride - call me......I would love to do that someday and I hear the one from Springfield up to Seattle is pretty!!! Course that's close to home, but we could meet in the middle! Go you on running for 25 min. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete