"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Friday, February 19, 2010

Weigh-In ... Keeping My Scale

Today's Weight: 205.5
Loss/Gain: -2.5 lbs.
Total Loss So Far: -25.5 lbs.

In the beginning of the Intuitive Eating process the authors suggest getting rid of your "diet tools", one of which is the scale. This is one thing I'm not going to do. I need a constant in my life that I can compare my progress against. Having a pair of jeans or clothing to compare against just doesn't work for me. So, I've decided to keep using the scale to monitor my progress.

However, the scale is solely a way of noticing how this process is affecting my weight loss. As they say often in the audio book, I am trying to just notice the changes -- not be judgmental. It's a tracking tool and nothing more.

Now I do have to be honest and end this post with a little YAY!!, because of course I'm glad that I'm down to 205.5 this week. :) This is the lowest I've seen on the scale on my journey so far (except on Tuesday after being sick) and I know I earned it with the hard work I've done this week.

Happy Friday!

3 comments: