"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Monday, November 18, 2013

A Party & Chocolate Gifts

What a nice weekend we had!  Saturday we had a welcome home party for my husband with a bunch of friends coming over to enjoy some filipino food we had catered.  My husband is in the Navy, but attached to a US Marine Corps unit, so we live in a Marine Corps town.  Since we are surrounded by "jar heads" I had fun decorating with anchors and representing the Navy at our party.  :) 
A friend of mine gave me a gift since she said I was deployed also.  lol  She and her husband said they saw a sign that said, "He enlisted, She was drafted"  Of course, I fully support my husband in his job, but it was fun to get a little gift.  

When I opened it I was a little taken aback because it was all chocolate treats.  Yikes!  I will admit I've had three pieces already.  I know everything in moderation is okay, but chocolate treats have been a problem for me this past week or so.  Darn it... I was thinking, "Hm...can people please not give me chocolate gifts??"  I just have to put them up and save them for once a day. 

Today I went back to the gym and took the "Total Athletic Conditioning" class that I love!!  It rotates between cardio and core/strength for an hour.  It can be very hard, but I took it a little easy today to ease myself back into tough strength workouts.  

As for my Monday update: 
  • I will exercise 4-5 days a week. I did workout 4 days last week! :)
  • I will maintain 160, and maybe even lose a few more pounds by January. Fail.  The scale is up..thus this goal.  :-/

So, here we go!  New week and new days to work on those goals.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment