"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Friday, November 15, 2013

Working Out with Hubby

My husband and I were able to get away alone for a couple days last week after his return from deployment.  When I booked the hotel I specifically looked for one that had a fitness center.  I figured we'd have extra time to at least get a walk in or something.  As I packed our bags I texted my husband to ask if he wanted me to pack workout clothes since there would be a fitness center available.  Honestly, I was kind of hoping he'd say "no..don't feel like it.", but he was like, "Yea!  I can't get to the gym today, so it would be good to go."

Oh darn.  I mean…yay!!  :)  Actually, I was glad he said yes, because I knew I needed to get some exercise done.  I just needed the little push.  So, I packed up my gym bag with our tennis and a set of workout clothes for each of us.

Friday morning after a leisurely breakfast we got dressed to go workout.  The fitness center consisted of two treadmills, an elliptical and a bike.  No free weights.  My husband was not impressed at all and was bummed about no weight, because that's his thing to do.  I just wanted to run for like 30 minutes, so I was fine with it.

Well, as we looked around we saw a flyer that the nearby Gold's Gym offered a free pass to anyone who was staying at our hotel.  So, we grabbed our hotel keys, wallets and water and drove over to the gym and ended up getting a good workout in.

I ran 4 miles on the treadmill and then did some core exercises and he worked out in the free weights area.  We both agreed that it felt really good to get some exercise done and I was tickled inside at knowing that a weekend getaway with my husband now includes fitness.  :)

(gotta love bright-sun-in-the-eyes pictures..lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment