"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Saturday, November 30, 2013

November Weigh-In

November 30
Today's Weight:  166.5
Loss/Gain:  +5.5 lbs

Goodness.  The only good news about gaining over five pounds this month is that I put it on in the first half of the month and then stayed there.  I weighed myself a week after my husband got home, and we'd gone out of town for a couple of days, and saw the scale was up about five pounds.  I was like, "Yikes!"

Well, then I didn't get it off.  I finally did get a couple pounds down the week of Thanksgiving, but then the scale was back up today.

It's not that I'm learning that I have to still be diligent while in maintenance, it's more that I have to remind myself not to get lazy.  My workouts hadn't been what they were when training for the half and then the 10K in October and I was still able to keep my weight down.

Then I let my eating slide and the scale went right up.  So, I've set my goals to workout 4 days a week and get back down to 160 by the end of the year and I know that getting my eating back in order is key to doing this.

My husband is also up about 7 pounds since he got home, so we are going to work together to get ourselves back into better eating habits.  So, while I'm not so pleased with the gain, and subsequent sluggishness and pudgy feeling in my middle, I know I'll get it off.  Gaining permanently is not an option in my life now.  :)

1 comment:

  1. When a lot of change hits your life, it can be hard to maintain, especially when you first start trying to maintain. You know what you need to do. The key is making sure you do it, which is the trick to maintenance :D

    ReplyDelete