"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Thursday, November 21, 2013

My First Virtual 5K Turkey Trot

So...I've been perusing the internet for a bit looking for a virtual 5K to join up with on Thanksgiving Day.  Last year I did one and it felt so good to get out there and run a bit and be reminded of how thankful I am to have gotten better control of my health.  Since I didn't find anything locally I could attend or anything virtually that interested me I decided to do my own. 

To make it a little more fun I invite you to join me in committing to get some exercise over the Thanksgiving weekend and I'm going to put together a holiday-themed prize to give away afterwards.  Here are the important details...

Rules: 

  • Simply run, walk or bike a 5K (3.1 miles) sometime during Thanksgiving weekend - November 28, 29th or 30th.
To be entered into the drawing for a holiday surprise:
  • Leave a comment below stating what you will be doing.  You may enter my drawing even if you are doing an actual race in your area that day.  :) 
  • For an extra entry into the drawing email me a photo of you before, after or during the activity at scrappin4fleia (at) gmail (dot) com no later than midnight November 30th.
Note:  At this time the prize can only be mailed within the US. 

I will compile the pictures and post them the Monday afterwards, along with announcing the winner of the drawing.  Have fun and happy trotting!

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea!
    Although I have dropped the ball, and I mean dropped the ball on my weight loss journey maybe, just maybe this will be a pick me up for me.
    I believe I will play along. I will be walking/ jogging on the treadmill.
    Thanks for the Thanksgiving fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me and Lauren are going to do this together while we are both in Dunn for the Thanksgiving Holiday!! :) great idea leah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to join you in the challenge even though I am not eligible for the prize. Thanks for always being a consistent, steady influence of positive in 'My Life'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such a good idea Leah! I'm going to run one on Wednesday in my neighborhood because we will be with family on Thursday. Have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete