"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Thursday, April 22, 2010

On My Way To Being Shredded


With four weeks of full-time work coming up and then summer vacation wherein my kids will be home from school for about ten weeks I figured I'd better figure out what I'm going to do to fit in workouts.

My husband is gracious enough to let me get away in the evenings to the gym, but this ends up taking almost two hours out of every evening. I really don't want to do that more than once or twice. So, I figured I'd better figure out what I can do from home in the mornings.

That's when I decided to look into doing Jillian Michael's 30-day shred. I don't want to lose the strength and speed I have gained through my jogging and using weights at the gym while working out from home, so I needed to find something tough. But I also don't want to get up at 4:00 am every morning to fit an hour-long workout in.

My friend suggested this DVD (and I know many of you have tried it) and said it will probably help me in my running and is also a great, intense workout for a short period of time.

She was right. I've just finished my first workout of the 30-day shred and I'm drenched in sweat and slightly exhausted. IT'S GREAT!!!

I think this DVD will be the perfect workout for me every morning these last few weeks of school. Then I can alternate with them and going for jogs outside during the summer.

As Jillian said at the end of the program...I'm on my way to being shredded. :) Though, honestly, I'll just be glad if it keeps my heart rate up long enough to burn calories and help me lose more weight.

I'll keep you posted. :)

4 comments:

  1. This is a good endorsement for the Shred. I would have never considered it, but.....

    Continue to report, please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have really enjoyed this DVD. I don't do it everyday so it's going to take me awhile to be shredded. But I love it! Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a great workout!! I hope you have a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that comment made me laugh... the shred left you drenched in sweat and exhaused -- and you loved it!

    ReplyDelete